At Burrus Research, Inc., our mission is to help leaders create anticipatory and highly innovative organizations by using predictable Hard Trends and game-changing technology to build a better tomorrow.
Our Founder, President, and CEO, Daniel Burrus leads the company with a philosophy of helping clients understand and profit from the driving forces of technology-driven change, enabling them to gain new competitive advantage as they create new products, markets, services and careers.
His approach demystifies technological change, brings a new level of certainty to an uncertain world, and helps individuals and organizations discover profitable new uses for new technological tools, creating a shift from a tactical mindset to an anticipatory, strategic methodology.
Daniel Burrus and Burrus Research, Inc. are committed to helping students receive a higher education in order to better serve business and our communities in the future.
Here To Help:
Based on Daniel’s personal experiences, he believes that every individual has a story that needs to be heard. Your story is unique and is a stepping stone to helping build a strong character from what you have learned in the past. At Burrus Research, we believe your experience brings you knowledge, wisdom and the skill set to succeed. The Daniel Burrus Scholarship Fund was created to be a resource for those students who strive to achieve their goals and objectives, while leading others along the way. By ensuring stability for the future, our youth can be ready to make a change within their communities and reach success.
Burrus Research is committed to providing opportunities for students to further educate themselves on what is going on in the world around them. We are incentivizing students to adapt to technological advancements and stay ahead of future trends at all times. Burrus understands the importance of keeping up to date, especially for millennials who have no other choice but to do so in today’s fast paced society.
Who Can Apply:
The Daniel Burrus Scholarship Fund will support three (3) students either entering college or already attending a university, granting each $1,000 to be used towards books and tuition.
Recipients of the Daniel Burrus Scholarship Fund will be chosen based on a 1 to 2 page essay on one of the following topics:
- State the importance of turning technological change into competitive advantage and why it is important to have an Anticipatory Mindset using the idea of Daniel Burrus’ Anticipatory Organization Model.
- Describe how organizations can use Hard Trends to anticipate disruptions and identify game-changing opportunities to accelerate success.
- Explain how looking at the Visible Future™ enable organizations to more accurately plan, anticipate, and prepare for what is to come. Responses should incorporate an understanding of Hard Trends.
The scholarship will be awarded with the essay and following criterion in mind:
- A high school student attending a college or university in the following semester
- A full time college or university student in good academic standing (documentation needed)
- Shows a desire to continue their education in order to more effectively impact their community
How to Apply:
To apply, please email your 1-2 page essay on one of the three topics listed above to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The essays must be 500 words in length at a minimum. Each essay must also include a brief student bio. Essays must be submitted by July 15th of the current calendar year and winners will be announced by Sep 15th of each year. For students who have questions, feel free to reach out to email@example.com or call 1-262-367-0949.
Promotion of Scholarship Winners:
Winners of the Daniel Burrus Scholarship will be announced on Daniel Burrus’ social media platforms and mentioned in a featured blog post which is syndicated to over a million monthly readers on Burrus.com, LinkedIn Pulse and Wired Magazine to name a few.
See the winners of the 2018 Daniel Burrus Scholarship