KEYNOTE DESCRIPTION (Customized for Each Audience)
The rapid acceleration of digital transformation and disruption has diminished the effectiveness of traditional planning and innovation strategies. Moreover, the mere existence of a plan doesn’t assure success! Let’s face it, every business in history that has failed or suffered a severe decline had a plan! Some plans were predicated on potential scenarios, some assumed current trends would persist, while others were fixed plans aimed at executing a consistent strategy over several years, regardless of exponential technological change.
Burrus, the innovator behind the award-winning Anticipatory Organization® Planning Methodology, has revolutionized the approach to planning and innovation among highly successful organizations of all sizes, including the Department of Defense.
In this enlightening and highly engaging presentation by one of the world’s foremost global futurists, disruptive innovation experts, and serial entrepreneurs, Daniel Burrus – a New York Times bestselling author of seven books – artfully combines vivid examples and the perfect dose of humor as he discusses the most significant trends shaping the future and the opportunities they offer. Furthermore, Burrus will employ industry-specific examples to instruct attendees on how to elevate their strategic planning by distinguishing Hard Trends – which are based on inevitable future facts – from Soft Trends – which are based on assumptions of what might occur. This will enable them to pinpoint transformative opportunities to boost innovation and growth, while significantly reducing risk.
Using Burrus’ mastery of storytelling to illustrate examples, deliverables include:
- Discover how organizations of diverse sizes have employed the Hard Trends methodology to stimulate both Everyday Innovation and Exponential Innovation, while significantly reducing associated risks.
- Learn to pinpoint inevitable Hard Trends, allowing for the accurate anticipation of disruptions before they occur, thus transforming disruption from an unexpected event into a strategic choice.
- Understand how to use Hard Trends to foresee potential problems and pre-solve them, thereby avoiding unnecessary complications.
- Master the art of using Hard Trends to identify emerging opportunities that can drive accelerated growth.
- Gain the ability to recognize Soft Trends – those based on assumptions that might occur – and the associated opportunities to manipulate these trends to your benefit.
- Learn the strategy of Problem Skipping to expedite your organization’s growth and boost individual success among your team members.
- Acquire the know-how to employ new AI tools effectively, reducing costs, increasing operational speed, and accelerating growth.
Daniel Burrus is a New York Times bestselling author of seven books, including his latest book The Anticipatory Organization: Turn Change and Disruption Into Opportunity and Advantage. He is considered to be one of the world’s leading technology forecasters and disruptive innovation experts and is a strategic advisor to Fortune 500 executives helping them to profit from technological, social and business forces that are converging to create enormous, untapped opportunities.
Over the past 35 years, he has established a worldwide reputation for his exceptional record of accurately predicting the future of technological change and its direct impact on the business world. The New York Times has referred to him as one of the top three business gurus in the highest of demand as a speaker.