Every business, regardless of its size, has a plan, just as most individuals have a plan of some kind. But having a plan does not guarantee success! Let’s face it, throughout history every business that either failed or experienced a dramatic decline had a plan! Some plans were based on a number of scenarios that may or may not happen. Some were based on current trends continuing, and some were focused on executing a static plan over a number of years.
Burrus, the creator of the award-winning Anticipatory Organization Planning Methodology, has transformed the way highly successful small, medium, and large organizations, including the Department of Defense, plan and innovate.
KEY TAKEAWAYS (Customized for Each Audience):
In this eye-opening and highly motivating presentation by one of the world’s leading global futurists, disruptive innovation experts, and serial entrepreneurs, New York Times bestselling author of seven books Daniel Burrus blends rich examples with just the right amount of humor as he shares the most important trends shaping the future and the opportunities they provide. In addition, Burrus will use industry examples to teach attendees how to elevate their planning by learning how to separate Hard Trends based on future facts that will happen, from the Soft Trend based on assumptions that might happen to identify game-changing opportunities to accelerate innovation and growth with much lower risk.
Using Burrus’ mastery of storytelling to illustrate examples, deliverables include:
- How organizations of various sizes have used his Hard Trends methodology to accelerate both Everyday Innovation and Exponential Innovation with much lower risk
- How to identify the Hard Trends that will happen to accurately anticipate disruptions before they disrupt, turning disruption into a choice
- How to use Hard Trends to identify problems before you have them so they can be pre-solved
- How to use Hard Trends to identify emerging opportunities to accelerate growth
- How to identify the Soft Trends based on assumptions that might happen and the related opportunities to influence them to your advantage
- How to use Problem Skipping to accelerate your organization’s growth and your employees’ personal success
Over the past three decades, New York Times bestselling author Daniel Burrus has established a worldwide reputation as a visionary thought leader for his exceptional record of accurately predicting how technological, social, and business forces are converging to create enormous, untapped opportunities. Based on his revolutionary method of identifying Hard Trends from Soft Trends, and linear/exponential changes from cyclical changes, attendees learn how to anticipate and capitalize on new opportunities, and to use the new tools and rules of leadership to accelerate profitable growth.
Daniel Burrus’ influence is highly regarded in business, innovation, and leadership worldwide. He has authored seven books, including the New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestseller Flash Foresight and his latest bestseller, The Anticipatory Organization, and has delivered over 3,000 keynote speeches worldwide. Daniel is one of the most influential leaders on LinkedIn, with over a million followers, and his weekly syndicated blogs have over a million readers.
He is a strategic advisor to executives from many Fortune 500 companies and has founded and managed six businesses, four of which were national leaders in the U.S. within their first year.